Donaghue’s Another Look: Improving Health for Older Adults in Care Facilities Research Grant Program Now Open for Letters of Intent
|March 31, 2021||Letter of intent deadline|
|June 23, 2021||Invited applications due|
|December 2021||Grant term begins|
The Another Look program provides funding for health-related research that has the near term potential to improve health, well-being and the quality and equity of care for adults who are 65 year or older and are long term residents in nursing homes, assisted living, and other congregate care facilities.
Researchers must use already existing datasets for the research being conducted and must include stakeholders from clinical, programmatic or policy arenas on their project team to help inform the research.
The Foundation welcomes all topics related to improving health, well-being and the quality and equity of care in long term care facilities but is particularly interested in supporting research focused on the following topics:
- Improving the quality and availability of palliative, end of life and hospice care
- Evaluating the impact of innovations in workforce roles and expertise on quality of life for residents and staff
- Addressing racial, ethnic, gender or income disparities in care quality or health outcomes
- Assessing the role of family members and informal caregivers on resident quality of life
- Reducing the negative effects of isolation and loneliness on resident health and well-being
- Addressing the specialized care needs of resident populations with developmental disabilities, serious mental illness, or addiction
Greater Value Portfolio
The program description, instructions on how to submit a letter of intent, and application instructions and forms for the Greater Value Portfolio research program will be available in March. Letters of intent for this program are due on April 26 and invited applications are due on July 30.